#LoveOzYA Living with a Disability Reads
There’s no greater joy than seeing yourself represented in a book, or learning about someone else’s experiences through one.
Our latest Book List highlights some of #LoveOzYA titles that feature characters with a range of disabilities.
- Stars in Their Eyes by Jessica Walton and Aśka: an amputee character
- Future Girl by Asphyxia: Deafness
- The Fall by Tristan Bancks: a character with scoliosis
- Meet Me at the Intersection edited by Rebecca Lim and Ambelin Kwaymullina: stories featuring an amputee and the visually impaired
- The First Third by Will Kostakis: a character with cerebral palsy
- The Boy Who Steals Houses by C.G. Drews: autism
- The Erasure Initiative by Lili Wilkinson: an amputee character
- Peta Lyre’s Rating Normal by Anna Whateley: neurodivergence