The Australian Young Adult Literature Alliance, more affectionately known by our social media hashtag #LoveOzYA, is a national organisation promoting Australian youth literature, supporting diverse representation and ‘own voices’ in Australian YA.
LoveOzYA centres the experiences and aspirations of Australian teen readers and aims to connect them with great Australian young adult (YA) books and authors by:
- promoting national and international awareness of Australian YA books and authors
- encouraging readers of all ages to discover and read Australian youth literature
- undertaking collaborative initiatives with organisations in the education and arts and
- cultural sectors, including schools, publishers, booksellers, libraries, cultural
- organisations and communities
- advocating for the success and reputation of Australian youth literature in all its diverse and varied forms.