Writers Victoria ‘Winter School – YA’
From the Writers Victoria website
What are the elements to consider when writing your YA manuscript? Characters, story, dialogue, setting – just for starters. What will make your manuscript stand out from the crowd? How do you identify and fix problems in early drafts? And once your manuscript is ready to take out into the world, how do you go about getting it published?
You will learn
- How to recognise and develop the essential elements of a young adult novel
- How to find your voice as a writer
- How to create a memorable protagonist
- How to recognise and troubleshoot common problems in a first draft
- How and when to approach agents and publishers
About Fiona Wood
Fiona Wood is the author of ‘Six Impossible Things’, ‘Wildlife’ and ‘Cloudwish’. ‘Six Impossible Things’ was shortlisted for the Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) Book of the Year, Older Readers in 2011. ‘Wildlife’ won the CBCA Award in 2014 and was shortlisted for a number of other awards. Her books are published internationally. Before writing YA fiction, Fiona wrote television scripts.