#LoveOzYA’s submission to the Parliamentary Inquiry into Australia’s Creative and Cultural Industries and Institutions
The Australian Government is currently holding a parliamentary inquiry into Australia’s creative and cultural industries.
In a nutshell, the inquiry has been asked to explore:
- the direct and indirect economic benefits and employment opportunities of
creative and cultural industries and how to recognise, measure and grow them
- the non-economic benefits that enhance community, social wellbeing and
promoting Australia’s national identity, and how to recognise, measure and
- the best mechanism for ensuring cooperation and delivery of policy between layers of government
- the impact of COVID-19 on the creative and cultural industries; and
- avenues for increasing access and opportunities for Australia’s creative and
cultural industries through innovation and the digital environment.
That’s why the #LoveOzYA team wanted to make sure we contributed our ideas about the cultural value of our vibrant youth literature community, the stories it tells, and why young Australians deserve to see themselves in the books they read.