#LoveOzYA Big Changes Reads
Sometimes, life takes an unexpected turn. We experience loss, develop feelings we never thought we’d feel, or find ourselves in the middle of a family separation.
They’re all big changes, and this #LoveOzYA classroom poster explores just that, through the following titles:
- Please Don’t Hug Me by Kay Kerr: working through the loss of a family member, and finishing high school
- Growing Up in Flames by Zach Jones: death of a parent, and moving to a new town
- Songs That Sound Like Blood by Jared Thomas: moving to a city for study.
- Henry Hamlet’s Heart by Rhiannon Wilde: developing unexpected feelings for someone, that changes a platonic dynamic.
- It Sounded Better in My Head by Nina Kenwood: parents separating, and waiting for find out if you got into uni.
- Anything But Fine by Tobias Madden: sustaining an injury that forces you to give up a long-held dream.
- Untidy Towns by Kate O’Donnell: returning to a home town after time at boarding school.
- Future Girl by Asphyxia: meeting someone who opens up a new world (in this instance, a child of a deaf adult), learning Auslan, coping with food insecurity.
- Taking Down Evelyn Tait by Poppy Nwosu: parents separating.