#LoveOzYA is pleased to provide Australian readers with a succinct list of all the new releases each month through our monthly newsletter. This newsletter is designed to be a useful resource for booksellers, schools and librarians as well as the reading public. It will contain images and information of all the books by Australian authors writing for young adults released each month as well as a printable PDF order form to aid schools, libraries and booksellers in sourcing these great #LoveOzYA titles. We will be this launching initiative in December 2016.
As such, we would like to invite publishers and self-published authors to provide the information we need to spread news of these new, Australian releases.
Due to the nature of this newsletter, there are some limitations on the books that can be included:
- Authors must be an Australian citizen or permanently reside within Australia.
- Books must be suitable for a Young Adult market.
- Books must be released between the 1st and the 31st of that month’s newsletter.
- If a book is being re-released with a new ISBN due to a reissue/new cover/new format, it will be included on the PDF order form for that month, but not in the email itself.
We also require that information be sent to us by the due date, the 15th of the month before release. (i.e. titles released between December 1st and 31st must be sent through by the 15th of November). As we are a volunteer organisation, with limited resources, we’re unable to follow up with individual publishers/authors on a month-to-month basis. Because of this, any information that has not been received by the 15th cannot be included in the newsletter.
#LoveOzYA would love you to provide the following information/files:
- The attached excel template with all fields completed:
Release Date/ISBN/Title/Author/Format/Extent/ARRP/Blurb/Endorsement Quote/Target Age/Imprint-Publisher/Debut/Reissue/eBook only.
- A high-res cover image (300dpi) for each title.
Send the completed excel template and cover images to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘December 2016 newsletter submission’ (for example).
#LoveOzYA is providing this newsletter as a free service. This initiative strongly encapsulates our goals to promote a united message, centralise information and raise the profile of local content.