Years 7&8 Book Club: Term 2 @ The Little Bookroom
- May 11, 2018
- End Date:
- May 11, 2018
- 4:00 PM
- End Time:
- 5:00 PM
- The Little Bookroom, 759 Nicholson Stree, Carlton North, VIC 3054
- IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A READER –
Join us for Book Club in 2018!
This year we're reading LOCAL: fresh new books published in Australia by local authors!
The years 7 & 8 Book Club will be reading books by female authors this term!
Term 2 Meetings: Friday May 11th | Friday June 8th
All meetings are from 4-5pm at The Little Bookroom
What do we do at Book Club?
- Book Club members meet-up for about an hour to debrief about that month's book. The idea is to finish the book before our meeting so that we can discuss it without being worried about spoilers.
- One of The Little Bookroomers will be leading the discussion and guiding Book Clubbers through some fun bookish activities - we want to encourage young readers to be critical thinkers, but are devoted to keeping our meetings fun!
- Bring your Book Club Journal - we'll be using them for some of the activities.
- On special occasions we’ll be welcoming guest authors to join us!
Membership is $55 for term 2.
What do we get with each ticket?
- 2 fantastic new, locally published titles to read before each meeting!
- Plus a spot at the Book Club table (numbers are limited).
- New members will receive their exclusive Book Club Membership Pack: An "I'D RATHER BE READING" Book Bag, Journal + more...
We've chosen Ellie Marnie's new book WHITE NIGHT as our first read for Term 2