Thank you for visiting the LoveOzYA website!
LoveOzYA is a volunteer-run, community-generated website. Anyone can submit content to the website, and we encourage everyone (except spammers and robots, sorry AI!) to post their own content when it’s suitable – for this reason we ask that users refrain from approaching sitting committee members to post content on their behalf (it’s easy – submit here!)
That being said, we do have some rules/notices about posting content:
- THIRD PARTY CONTENT: Third party content may appear on the Site or may be accessible via links from the Site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
- UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY: We reserve the right to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement and to take any action we deem appropriate, including but not limited to reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties and disclosing any information necessary or appropriate to such persons or entities relating to your profile, email addresses, usage history, posted materials, IP addresses and traffic information.
- RIGHT TO DELETE: The LoveOzYA committee – who have access to the website dashboard – retain the right to delete content we deem defamation, libel, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, incitement and/or any other unlawful and/or infringing User Content you or any other party may upload.
- SELF PROMOTION: More to this and to make sure the intended nature of the website is upheld – we retain the right to delete content we deem unnecessary, self-serving, and not adding to the conversation etc. This is further linked to matters of quality, and intention. We’ll be taking down book links unrelated to wider events, posts to purchase, and reviews because these are easily found elsewhere.
- AUSTRALIA-FOCUS: Whenever possible we do ask users to keep content to a young adult and Australian-focus, and we thank you for respecting the objectives of the LoveOzYA community in this matter.